Salary & Benefits
Salary & Benefits from the Thermopolis Rural Training Track
Thermopolis, Wyoming, Resident In Training, Resident, Doctor, Medical School, Rural Doctor, Rural Residency Program, Rural Resident, University of Wyoming, Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital, chemotherapy, transfusions, wound care, pain management, cardiac stress tests and many outpatient surgeries.  We have two Nurse Anesthetists who provide outstanding care including OB epidurals, airway management, conscious sedation, and difficult vascular access.Train Family Physicians, family medicine, rural physicians, Frontier Medicine
15029
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-15029,bridge-core-1.0.6,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode-theme-ver-18.2,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.0.5,vc_responsive

SALARY

• PGY-1: $53,820
• PGY-2: $55,620
• PGY-3: $57,540

* The University contributes 14.44% of your gross income into your retirement plan through either the Wyoming State Retirement Plan or TIAA/CREF, which is included in the total benefit package and is at no additional cost. An additional 3.18% will be deducted from Physician’s gross pay and paid into the retirement program of choice, for a total of 17.62%.

BENEFITS

The UWFMRP pays the fees of the following for each resident:
ATLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS, FCCS, and ALSO courses, AOA and AAFP membership

The UWFMRP also pays for the following:
FCVS, COMLEX 3, USMLE, Step 3, medical licensure, ABFM Certification Exam, AOBFP Certification Exam, Wyoming Controlled Substance Licensure, and DEA Licensure

  • Health/Medical Insurance with Prescription Drug Coverage
  • Dental Insurance
  • Vision Insurance
  • Life Insurance
  • Long and Short-term Disability Insurance
  • Optional Additional Retirement Plan 403(b) and 457(b)
  • Flexible Benefit Plan
  • Workmen’s Compensation
  • Malpractice (Professional Liability)
  • CME (for PGY2 and PGY3): $1,250 and 5 days per year
  • Vacation: 15 days per year
  • Sick Leave: 6 days per year
  • Reduced tuition fee at UW/Casper College for both resident and spouse

RESOURCES

Residents are provided with lab coats, use of on call rooms, breakfast and lunch meals, UpTo Date access.  Through the connection with University of Washington, University of Wyoming,and WWAMI the have access to the medical libraries.  The Rural Training Track resident will receive an ultrasound during their 2nd year to have for the remainder of their training and beyond.

MOONLIGHTING

There are many opportunities for moonlighting for the residents that meet moonlighting requirements.